9.29.2010

Vanilla Crepes


This is what we're having for dinner tonight. Yes, it lacks nutrition, however, it's what I'm craving. I'm going to do them with fresh bananas and I'll put chocolate syrup (fat free), pancake syrup, yogurt (fat free) and honey out to go on them. I got the base of the recipe from allrecipes.com but added my own twist to it.

Vanilla Crepes

1 1/2 cups skim milk
1/3 cup egg whites
2 tablespoons vanilla (I add more because I love vanilla)
1 1/2 cups flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
ground cinnamon (I just eyeball how much I want)
5 tablespoons of unsweetened apple sauce

In large bowl, mix together milk, egg whites and vanilla. Stir in flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon and butter until well blended.

Heat small non stick frying pan over medium heat until hot (you might want to add spray or oil, but I just give 'er without it). Pour about a 1/4 cup of batter in the middle of the pan and then tip and turn until the batter covers the bottom of the frying pan. I don't measure how much, I just eyeball it and make sure it's good and thin.

When the edges start to dry and curl up and there are bubbles forming on the top, flip over and cook until lightly browned on the other side and edges are golden. I find using a rubber spatula to lift it and a flipper work well for turning it over. Repeat with remaining batter.

This makes about 12ish crepes...It depends on the size of your frying pan and how much batter you add.

Hope you enjoy it...let me know what you think or if you have some ideas to make it better.


You can get the printable version here.

No comments:

Post a Comment