9.29.2010

Martha Stewart Veggie Burger

Last week I attempted a different Martha Stewart Quinoa Burger . We did not like it....at all. The texture was wrong and it tasted too much like a falafel. If you like falafel, then you probably would have liked it. It could have been the way I made it, but it did not hold together properly and was quite mushy.

A friend recommended this one to me and I tried it last night. We loved it!! It was so good and perfectly delicious. The patty held together like a real burger. I did have to add a second egg after it had been sitting in the fridge for the hour. It felt a bit dry when trying to form patties.


picture taken from Martha Stewart's webpage


I served some sliced tomatoes on the side and it was all very perfect. The burger itself is very filling.

I did make a couple of changes.

The recipe, for the burger, calls for shallots, which I didn't have, so I just chopped up garlic and onion instead. I didn't have portobello mushrooms either, so I used cremini mushrooms.

In the yogurt sauce, the recipe calls for capers, which I didn't have, so I used finely chopped green olives. I added a little too much so I did add a bit more garlic. I also added lemon juice to the sauce.

I didn't have greek yogurt, I just had plain non fat and I learned a neat little trick for thickening up the yogurt so it's like a greek yogurt. I put a coffee filter in a sieve and put my yogurt in there and let it sit for an hour or so and voila....thick yogurt!!

Also, instead of toasting the bun in the frying pan, I just broiled it.

I think that's all I did differently. I really enjoyed it and plan on making it again!

Let me know if you try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment