9.29.2010

Saganaki



Saganaki - This is sooo freakin' easy to make and so delicious. You will totally impress your guests with it. Saganaki is definitely not a "healthy" appy, but it's worth every calorie and gram of fat! Rendezvous in Abbotsford makes a delicious version of this...that's where I had it for the first time, but now I can make it at home..mmmmm. I'm sorry there are no quantities, I don't measure.

Cheese - but not any kind of cheese...you need Kefalograviera, Kefalotiri or Kassen. Where I live we lack places to buy fancy cheeses, however, I have found at Save On Foods they have a cheese called "Saganaki"...it's what I use. I know in Vancouver you can buy the properly named stuff. I've heard of people using Feta, but I'm not to sure how that would work or taste. You'd want to make sure it was a harder feta you can cut into a good size cube.
Egg
Oregano
Flour
Olive Oil

Cube cheese into desired size (not too small though). Mix egg and oregano. Dip cheese in egg mixture and shake off excess then coat in flour.

Heat olive oil in frying pan on med-high heat. Fry cheese pieces on each side once until golden brown. You want the heat high enough to get the golden brown without completely melting all the cheese out.

Serve with lemon wedges and warm pitas.

Again...feel free to ask any questions and let me know how they turn out for you!


Go here to print it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment