9.29.2010

Lemon Ginger Chicken

I made Lemon Ginger Chicken with rice and beets. I've gotten so sick of chicken that I can't eat it anymore. Tonight, however, I loved it. It was so good!! I decided to share the recipe with you. Let me know if you try it and how it turned out.

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

2 tsp. olive oil (I had to skip this because I'm not allowed fat and it totally worked)

1/2 cup chicken broth
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. packed brown sugar
1 tsp. finely grated gingerroot (I didn't have this, so I just used ground ginger)
1 tsp. lemon zest (skipped because I didn't have it and it was plenty lemony enough)
1/4 tsp. dry mustard

1/4 cup chicken broth
1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch

Pound chicken to about 1/4 inch thickness. Combine flour, salt and pepper on a large plate. Press both sides of chicken into flour mixture until coated.

Heat olive oil in a large frying pan on medium high. Add chicken and cook 2-4 minutes on each side until it's no longer pink inside. Put on a plate and cover. Reduce heat to medium.

Add chicken broth, lemon juice, brown sugar, soy sauce, ginger, lemon zest and mustard to the same frying pan. Heat and stir, scraping any brown bits from the bottom of pan, until boiling.

Stir the second amount of broth into cornstarch in small cup. Add to lemon juice mixture. (I found I actually needed to use a bit more cornstarch and broth to get it to thicken). heat and stir until boiling and thickened. Reduce heat to medium low, add chicken, turn to coat both sides and cook for just a couple of minutes more until heated through.

And that's it! Easy easy!



Print from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment