9.29.2010

Strawberry Pork (but I use Turkey) Salad

I will be making this salad every week for the rest of my life.


Yes...I love it that much.




It's in the "Meal Salads" cookbook by Company's Coming. If you are going to go out and buy a cookbook...I HIGHLY recommend this one. There are so many great recipes...and such a variety of ones too.


This one is super easy, super quick and super refreshing for summer.


Super.


Super super.


Yes...that.


3/4lb pork tenderloin, trimmed of fat (I used turkey...you could also use chicken)
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

3 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp strawberry jam, warmed
2 tbsp white balsamic (or white wine) vinegar (I used regular dark balsamic vinegar)
1/4 tsp coarsely ground pepper

8 cups spring mix lettuce, lightly packed
2/3 cup sliced fresh strawberries
1/2 cup walnut pieces, toasted (I did not use these...most of you know my opinion of nuts)
1/3 cup thinly sliced celery
1/3 cup thinly sliced sweet onion (I only had regular onions, so that's what I used)
3 oz goat (chevre) cheese, cut up (I just used feta...love feta)


The first step in the cookbook tells you how to cook the meat and grill it and all that stuff. It gives instructions on how to do it in the oven if it's too cold to bbq. I'm going to skip that paragraph and just tell you to cook it up until it's done. Season it with salt and pepper, and grill it. Easy...right? You don't need me to tell you how to cook the meat.


When it's done, slice it thinly.


Whisk next 4 ingredients in small bowl.


OR...this is what I do....so easy and mess free...
When I make dressings I put all the ingredients in a canning jar, put the lid on tight and shake it.


Shake like you've never shaked before.


It's best when done with music and you shake your whole body with it. Sing too...makes the food taste better.


Trust me.


I know these things.


Now where was I? Oh yes...recipe.


Toss remaining 6 ingredients and pork in an extra-large bowl. Drizzle with olive oil mixture. Makes about 10 cups.


I actually skip that step. Since it's just Ben and I and we always have left overs, I don't like to pre mix salads because then they get soggy for the next day. I just get all ingredients ready and put them in separate bowls and then Ben and I each build our own salad. It works perfectly and that way he can leave out all the extra feta I would add to mine....I love feta.


Mmmm....feta.


Now go make it.


You can thank me later.



Print it from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment