I made this last week and it was so good and so easy that I can't help but share it with you. I got the recipe off the internet somewhere (not my usual allrecipes.com) and tweaked it into my own.
It's nice and light for summer. It doesn't require heating up your entire house by using the oven and you don't need to slave over the stove top either. I love these kind of recipes for when the weather gets nicer.
Things You'll Need:
2 boneless skinless chicken breats
1 small jar of artichoke hearts, drained
3 tbsp parmesan cheese (not that powder crap you find on the shelf)
1 tbsp of dijon mustard
1 tbsp of grainy mustard
1 red bell pepper
1/2 cup italian dressing (I make my own, which tastes way better than store bought...you can find that recipe here)
spring salad mix
salt and pepper to taste
1 large bottle of favorite wine (or box if you're into that)
1. open bottle of wine and pour yourself a glass and drink it
2. butterfly chicken breast, coat with olive oil and season with salt and pepper
3. preheat grill to medium high heat
4. grill chicken...keep an eye on it. it's a thin piece so it shouldn't take too long and you don't want dry chicken. so just stand over it and have another glass of wine.
5. when it's done, remove to a plate to let cool a bit.
6. sit down and have another glass of wine
7. julienne red pepper, cut the artichoke hearts in quarters (unless the pieces in the jar are small enough)
8. in a large bowl combine italian dressing, parmesan, dijon and grainy mustard. whisk together until completely blended.
9. slice the chicken in strips and add to dressing
10. add peppers and artichokes to chicken mixture and toss to coat
11. put salad on plate and add chicken, pepper, artichoke and dressing mixture on top
12. enjoy with the rest of your wine
It's perfect isn't it?
Let me know if you try it or have any versions of it.
On another note, tonight's dinner was DEEEEEEEEEEE licious. Stay tuned for that recipe!
Print it from here.