9.29.2010

Pilaf Greek Style



Pilaf Greek Style - I tried out this recipe last weekend and it turned out EXACTLY how I pictured it would. There is nothing fancy or special about it, but if you're doing a greek night and you're not a fan of the potatoes or you also want a simple rice side dish...this is perfect. I think one of these days I should start taking pictures of the recipes I try out.

1/2 cup butter
2 cups uncooked long grain white rice
1 quart beef or chicken broth
salt and pepper

Melt butter in a heavy pot and saute the rice, stirring, for about 5 minutes or until browned. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to boil, then cover with lid, reduce heat and simmer until the rice has been absorbed. Do not lift the lid and stir it...just let it cook. I think it took about 20 or so minutes. When done...fluff with fork.

Print from here.

1 comment:

  1. Tracey5:58 PM

    Saute some garlic, finely chopped onions and grated carrot and add it to the rice. mmmmmmm... This along with chicken souvlaki, your recipes for greek salad, greek potatoes and tzaziki dip from Costco...

    ReplyDelete