9.29.2010

Italian Dressing

Whenever possible I try to make my own dressing. I hate buying bottles of it. Most of the time I have the ingredients necessary to make it anyways, so why spend the extra for manufactured stuff? At least with homemade stuff, you know what goes in it and normally it tastes so much better.

Anyways...here is the one I always use when I need italian dressing

I put all of the following in a small canning jar, put the lid on and shake the crap out of it. The quantities are guidelines...tweak it to your own personal taste.

1 cup olive oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup vinegar
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic salt
1/8 tsp thyme

see...probably ingredients you have in your house. So now you can make it as you need it! Yaaa!

Am I the only one excited about this?

Print from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment