9.29.2010

Steak and Sweet Potato Salad




Ya for "Meal Salads" from Company's Coming! No this is not a paid advertisement. This is me...loving my newest cookbook and wanting to share all it's joys with you.


I'm so nice.


1lb. fresh peeled orange-fleshed sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2" slices (that's a lot of words to say sweet potatoes...buy how many you want and slice 'em)
1 tbsp water (yeah...I did not measure that one...haha)

1 tsp montreal steak spice
1lb beef strip loin steak (again...no idea how much or what that is...I just bought a nice looking piece of steak)

1lb fresh asparagus, trimmed off tough ends (I'm really getting sick of pound quantities...I just bought 1 bunch)
3 tbsp balsamic vinaigrette dressing (don't waste your money buying it...just mix olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper and maybe some oregano if you want...I just drizzled balsamic vinegar on it)

6 cups cut or torn romaine lettuce, lightly packed (mixed greens for this girl...it's what I buy)
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1/3 cup balsamic vinaigrette dressing (see what I have to say about this above)
1/2 cup shaved parmesan cheese

Arrange sweet potato slices in single layer on large microwave-safe plate. Sprinkle with water. Microwave, covered on high for about 4 minutes until tender crisp. Mine didn't all fit on a single layer in the plate...put them in a casserole dish and just throw them in and give 'er.

Sprinkle steak spice on both sides of steak. Grill until they are how you like them. Transfer to cutting board. Cover with foil. Let stand for 10 minutes. Slice thinly. Transfer to extra-large bowl.

Reduce heat to medium. Brush sweet potato and asparagus with first amount of dressing (like I said...just drizzle them with balsamic vinegar and olive oil). Cook until browned and tender. Transfer to cutting board. Cut into 1" pieces (I just cut the asparagus and potatoes in half). Add to steak.

Add next 3 ingredients. Toss. Sprinkle with cheese. Makes about 14 cups.


Tell me how yours turns out, please...and thank you!!
You can print it from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment