9.29.2010

Tuna Cakes with Homemade Tartar Sauce





Need an easy and quick dinner idea?


Tuna Cakes by Kraft Canada!


I'm not your biggest tuna fan, but I love these. I serve them on a bed of mixed spring greens that I drizzle balsamic vinegar on then I make a tartar sauce to serve on the side.


Here are my suggestions for the tuna cakes....

- add an egg. I find they crumble and fall apart when I don't.
- skip the refrigerate for 10 minutes step and make them into patties right way. Then put them in the fridge to set for a bit.
- I find it helps when I make them into patties to roll them into a large ball in my hand first, then flatten so they get packed in a bit.
- you don't need to use mozza, I use whatever cheese I have on hand.
- regular onions can be substituted for green onions
- when frying them, ignore the time the recipe says. Put the stove on medium and turn them when they are brown...flipping only once.
- use a non stick skillet with a bit of olive oil
- add shredded carrots for extra nutrition


Here are my suggestions for the tartar sauce....

- I added extra dry dill for flavour
- I never measured because their quantities are too large for one meal....go by preferred taste.
- let it sit in the fridge for awhile first so the flavors can really get to know each other.



Let me know if you have tried this or if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment