9.29.2010

Mediterranean White Bean Salad





This recipe is a perfect summer salad. It's easy and quick to through together. I would love it with a couple of changes.


I'll type out the recipe how it is from the book, then at the end I'll tell you the changes I would make...or did make.


This one is from the Meal Salads by Company's Coming....yes....I cook a lot from that book...I love it.



1/3 cup olive oil
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp grated lemon zest
1 tsp liquid honey
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

2 cans (19 oz ea.) white kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 jars (6 oz ea.) marinated artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
12 oz. jar roasted red pepper, drained and cut into strips
2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
2 tbsp fresh basil
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley

Whisk first 9 ingredients in small bowl.

Combine remaining 7 ingredients in large bowl. Drizzle olive oil mixture over top. Stir gently. Makes about 7 1/2 cups.


Okay...here are the changes....

I like white beans but for some reason....didn't like them in this salad. Next time I would grill chicken instead. I also thought maybe a little feta thrown in would have been perfect too.

I also cut the entire recipe in half for Ben and I, which turned out to be perfect for dinner plus lunches the next day...and Ben's midnight snack....and I never really measure exact quantities anyways.



Let me know if you try it!!



Print the recipe from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment