9.29.2010

Lazy Lasagna

I don't like real lasagna...I don't know why, but I don't. Quite a few years ago, someone brought this casserole to a party and I loved it. I got the recipe from her and it's now become a hit for anyone I've made it for. Some of the quantities are a bit vague (that's how she wrote it out for me), but just figure it out...you can't really go wrong with it. I've never tried it with spinach before, but someone mentioned last time that I should try adding it and next time I make it I'm going to do that. This recipe makes quite a bit, however, the ones you don't need for dinner that night freeze well. Just make sure you thaw it out and cook it without a lid when you use it next time or it can be a bit "soupy"...or at least that's what mine did.

Anyways...here ya go...

ground beef
1 tin whole tomatoes
1 tin tomato sauce
1 tin tomato paste
1 lg container cottage cheese
1 container feta (cubed)
1 pkg med. egg noodles
garlic
onion powder
salt and pepper
italian seasoning
basil
mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 or 375.

Brown ground beef.

Meanwhile cook noodles to package directions (maybe undercook slightly).

Then...in a large mixing bowl, mix together beef, egg noodles, tomato paste with 1 tin of water, tomatoe sauce and tomatoes. Add feta and cottage cheese. Season to taste with garlic, onion powder, salt, pepper, italian seasoning and basil. Mix. At this point it might look mushy and gross, but trust me...it's not.

Put in casserole dish or dishes. Cover with mozza. Bake 35-40 minutes and then to brown cheese broil for about 5 minutes.

That's it, that's all.

If you try it, let me know. Also, let me know if you make any changes...I love feedbac


A very vague printable version is here.

No comments:

Post a Comment