12.16.2010

Peanut Butter Cups



Okay, so there were SO easy to make and they taste so much better than any candy you buy at the store.


Joy of Baking pulls through again with a good recipe.  You can find this one here.  I can thank a facebook friend and old high school friend for posting this on facebook months ago.  I bookmarked it and ended up browsing around their site and using quite a few of their recipes for Christmas.


Here are the changes I made...

- I just used hard margarine instead of butter
- I used vegetable oil when melting the chocolate instead of shortening.
- I wanted my tops to be as even as possible, so when I was putting the chocolate on top of the peanut butter, I found I needed about a tablespoon (recipe says to do a teaspoon).  I ended up needing to melt more chocolate.  I melted another 1/2 cup of each and it worked out perfect.
- I would also suggest putting your peanut butter in the fridge while melting the chocolate.  It'll make it easier to scoop.
- I had the perfect amount (with my chocolate addition) to make 36 of them.


Let me know if you try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment