12.09.2010

Christmas Baking

I've only attempted "Christmas Baking" once.  Years ago.  We needed practice.  It wasn't pretty.


Only this year have I started to enjoy baking, so I thought I might try this "Christmas Baking" again instead of just mooching off my mom.


I want to try some things she wouldn't make, so we can share our goods.  My mom does a lot of traditional Christmas baking...which I love. 


I'm having a hard time deciding what to do.  Here is what I have so far...



Rum Balls courtesy of Martha Stewart




Peanut Butter Cups courtesy of Joy of Baking




Peppermint Bark courtesy of Joy of Baking




Peppermint Patties courtesy of Joy of Baking




Peppermint Whoopie Pies courtesy of Joy of Baking



Here's my problem.  You probably noticed they are ALL chocolate.  I'd like to step out of my chocolate box and try something else...but what?  I love soft chewy ginger molasses cookies (especially Starbucks), but there are so many recipes out there...where do I even start at finding the right one?


I'd also like to make homemade marshmallows but I don't have a candy thermometer.  Yes, I could easily go out and buy one, but I just don't want to right now.


I don't like nuts in baking, so any of those recipes are out of the question.


Do you have some recipes or suggestions for me?


Please...help a sistah out.

No comments:

Post a Comment