12.16.2010

Candy Cane Whoopie Pies



Another good one from Joy of Baking.  You can get the recipe from here.


These are so good!!  I made mine WAY too big and when I served them up the other night, I ended up cutting them all in half.  If you make these, make them bit size.  They puff up quite a bit in the oven, so don't worry about keeping them small when you're putting them on the cookie sheet.  


The recipe says to "drop heaping tablespoons" so that's what I did.  Don't.  I would do half the size next time.


The recipe also calls for "dutch processed" cocoa.  I didn't really want to go buy something when I had a full thing of regular cocoa, so I did some research on the internet and found that you can use regular cocoa if you also add it with baking soda.  They say 3 tbsp of cocoa to 1/8 tsp of baking soda.  Me, being the rule breaker I am, just added some baking soda without really measuring.  Maybe that's why my cookies were so big?  I don't know.


Anyways...they were a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment