10.17.2010

Scones? Biscuits?


I don't know if these are called scones or biscuits.  I'm not familiar with the differences because I'm a total rookie at baking, so I'm sorry if I'm confusing you.


Whatever they are, they are delicious and perfect to serve alongside a bowl of chili or soup


The original recipe is from Betty Crocker, however, I've sort of changed it over time and customized it and made it my own.


It's a perfect "base" recipe.  I've made ham and cheese, just cheese, lemon poppyseed, lemon raspberry, blueberry, lemon blueberry...and so on and so on.  My sister did an apple cinnamon one.....those were good.  I sprinkle the tops with salt before baking if they are a savory one and if they are sweet I do sugar.  I've also made a lemon glaze and when they come out of the oven and are still warm, I put them on a cooling wire rack and pour the glaze over top.


You can really play around with it....and if I can make these and be successful at it, you can too!  Believe me...really easy.   The hardest most frustrating part it cutting in the butter...but that's only because I have no patience and don't like things that take time.


Printable recipe here.


Let me know if you try it and how they turn out!

No comments:

Post a Comment