10.05.2010

Pita Pizzas

This is one of my "go to" meals.  It's what I make when I'm feeling lazy or don't know what to do.


It also works well for a "treat" when I have my niece or nephew over because they find it fun to "build your own pizza".


I make mine different each time because I generally use what I have on hand.  I didn't need to buy anything extra to make this dinner.  It's fun to be creative and see what you come up with.


I love thin crust pizzas so I use the thin pitas.  Ben likes the real pitas better and sometimes I buy them for him, but the "pocket" pitas were what I had in the freezer this time.





On my pita I brushed olive oil....sometimes I do pizza sauce, but I felt this pizza called for olive oil.




Then I sprinkled oregano, thyme, basil....




...and a little parmesan cheese.  I didn't leave it like that...I actually did spread it out a bit more. 




Because I had roasted chicken deli meat already, I chopped it up and added it.  Normally I would probably use real meat...I'm not the biggest fan of deli meat.




I love artichoke hearts...I have one of those costco size jars in the fridge.  I chopped some up and added them...




...and some feta as well.




And because I was feeling extra naughty, I added a little extra parmesan on top again.  Look at the pizza, not the mess around it, please. 




I forgot to take a picture of it, but I did add some pineapple on top...I love pineapple on pizza.


Bake it in the oven for about 20ish minutes at 400F.  It's a preference thing...sometimes I forget about them too and then we have extra crispy pizzas...mmmm.



Then cut it into quarters and it's perfect!  Everyone can have their own individual pizza to suit their taste.


That's why it works so perfect for Ben and I.  I like mine different.  I, also, like to put the cheese at the bottom if I'm doing a more traditional pizza with mozzarella.


Ben likes more "normal" pizzas...pepperoni and mushroom, meat lovers...those kind...and he likes his cheese on top.  We can't share pizza...we don't like the same kind...ever.


Here's a picture of Ben's...





We normally don't have "marble" cheese in this house. I don't understand marble cheese, so I don't really like it.  I don't eat cheese I don't understand.  We would normally have some mozzarella kicking around but the grocery store was out of it.  Weird right?  Who runs out of mozza?  I'm not even sure what made me get marble instead.  I normally would just leave it or get havarti or provolone or something completely different...not marble.


Maybe it was a full moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment