10.03.2010

October 4 - 8 and Some Roast Beef Talk

Here are our dinners for this week...


Monday: philly cheesesteak sandwiches with mixed greens

Tuesday: baja fish tacos

Wednesday: beef stroganoff - for the record...I do not like this...at all, however, since not everything needs to be all about me all of the time, I make this from time to time for Ben....he loves it.  It's something he really likes and I can choke back (if I make it my way...which isn't traditional stroganoff).  However, he is on his own for finding someone to make him stew and dumplings...that's where I draw the line.

Thursday: warm quinoa, spinach and shiitake salad

Friday: on our way for our traditional thanksgiving long weekend, so whatever we have for dinner is usually "to go".


I'm trying 2 new recipes this week.  I'll let you know how they turn out.


Also, I have 8 more roasts in my freezer....please give me some new and creative ideas on what I can do with them...I only have a few more weeks until I get my freezer filled up with beef again.


I plan on making a beef barley soup with one of them.


And with the mennonite in me, I'm going to learn to make fleisch perishky (meat buns).  I've never made them because I am not good at baking.  I also love my mom's and grama's so much I normally just mooch off them.  Some recipes use ground beef, but my mom and grama use left over roast beef that they mince up and add some of the roast gravy with...that's what I plan to do with one of the roasts....so that leaves me with 6 more.


I'm getting sick of plain roasts dinner...I need ideas...so help me...please.

No comments:

Post a Comment