10.01.2010

Apricot Macaroons



Almost a year ago I bought a 5 pound bag of dried apricots.


Turns out...I don't like dried apricots.


On their own anyways....  I like them "in" things.  It's another one of those items that I like the flavour of...just not on their own....does that make sense?


So I've had this bag in the freezer for a almost a year.  Whenever I see a recipe that has apricots in it and looks good, I jump at the chance to try it.


I was reading some of my cookbooks that I haven't looked at in awhile.  One of them is a "Low Fat Express" Company's Coming book.  I stumbled across this recipe.


I thought I would give it a go...which I did.


They took longer than the 12 minutes it says.  I also only had sweetened shredded coconut so that's what I used.  I'm not sure if it's because I didn't "pack" them into the tablespoon when I scooped and dropped them on the parchment paper or if they are just crumbly, but it sorta turned into a cookie crumble trail mix sort of snack.  They completely fell apart.


That picture up top were the only cookies that stayed whole...and they were very delicate and pretty much crumbled when I picked them up again to put away.


Anyways...they were good, but I don't think I'd make them again.


So I continue on my apricot recipe finding journey. 


I thought I would share this recipe in case you happen to have a five pound bag of apricots in your freezer.


PRINTABLE RECIPE HERE


Let me know if you try it and if you have better luck with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment