10.01.2010

Asiago Beef and Bow Ties



It's that time of year when everyone is making roasts in their slow cookers for dinner.  You always know with the next couple of days there will probably be beef dip or roast beef sandwiches for lunch.


Want to try something different with your roast left overs?


I got this recipe out of Company's Coming "Meal Salads".  I don't think of this one as a salad, though.  I didn't serve it cool as the recipe suggests...I served it warm.  It was a perfect way to use up some roast leftovers.


Here's the recipe as it is in the book...the changes I made are at the end...



Asiago Beef and Bowties

8 cups water
1 tsp salt
2 cups medium bow pasta

1 1/2 cups chopped fresh asparagus

2 cups chopped deli shaved beef (or minced cooked roast beef)
1 cup grape tomatoes
1/4 cup sliced green onion

Creamy Asiago Dressing
1/2 cup grated asiago cheese
1/4 cup sour cream
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tbsp cooking oil
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper

Combine water and salt in dutch oven.  Bring to a boil.  Add pasta.  Boil, uncovered, for 9 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Add asparagus.  Cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender but firm and asparagus is tender-crisp.  Drain.  Rinse with cold water.  Drain well.  Transfer to large bowl.

Cream Asiago Dressing: Combine all 6 ingredients in small bowl.  Makes about 1/2 cup.

Add to past mixture.  Toss.  Chill for 2 hours to blend flavours.  Makes about 8 cups.


Here are my changes:

- as you can tell by the picture, I didn't chop the asparagus.  I like food to have different shapes and sizes...I don't want everything chopped the same size, so I didn't.
- I shredded leftover roast
- I didn't rinse the pasta and asparagus with cold water because I wanted a warm meal.
- which means I did not chill it for 2 hours....it was so good still!  I also had it for leftovers the next day and it was just as good!


PRINTABLE RECIPE HERE

Any questions?  Just ask!

No comments:

Post a Comment