11.21.2010

Roasted Tomato Soup

This soup tastes nothing like the store bought canned tomato soup.  This one tastes like real tomatoes, so if you're making this expecting to taste like Campbell's you might be disappointed.  I, however, love the taste of homemade tomato soup.




1. Layer a baking sheet with foil and arrange quartered tomatoes and garlic cloves.  Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.





2. Roast in the oven for 45 minutes at 350 degrees.  I would actually do mine longer next time.





3. When the tomatoes are cool enough to touch, removed the skins and peel the garlic.  This step is very messy.





4. Cook onion in butter until softened.





5. Add peeled tomatoes and garlic, honey and stock.





6. Puree the soup in batches in a blender or use a stick blender. Stir in cream and salt and pepper and simmer. (The recipe on the webpage does not list cream in the ingredients so I just poured some skim milk in...eyeball it...I think I added a little too much)





7. Serve.  I made grilled turkey and roasted red pepper panini's for our side.



You can print the recipe from here.


Let me know if you try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment