11.09.2010

Carrot Soup

I love this soup.  It's easy...it's comfort... and the left overs freeze well.  I always double the recipe.



In a large pot saute onion, garlic and margarine until soft.




Then add water, carrots, rice and chicken bouillon.  Bring to a boil an then simmer until rice is cooked and carrots are soft.  The recipe says 20-25 minutes...I find it takes 30+ minutes, but I don't chop everything really small.




This is the fun part...the messy part.  It's actually a bit tedious unless, you wait for the soup to completely cool.  If you do this when it's still hot, you only can add a bit at a time so it doesn't spill over when you blend.


Scoop the soup bit by bit into a blender and blend it until smooth.  If you have one of those immersion blenders, I'm sure that would work perfect.




Smooth.....and beautiful...




And messy.....



Very messy....but that might just be me.




Then I put it all back in the pot and make sure it's heated through.  Serve it with parsley, salt and pepper. Since I'm a dried herb kinda girl, I used cardboard parsley...fresh would be better.



Printable Version Here


You know the drill....let me know if you try it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment