11.25.2013

Eggnog Biscotti



I don't really like biscotti.  So why did I include it in my Christmas baking?  Good question.  A couple of reasons...I wanted to see what it's like to make and I wanted to see if homemade tastes better...oh and I know others who like it, so this can my my gift to them.

First I have a disclosure to make.  Technically...I didn't make this....Tracey did.  Every year we get together and do a Christmas baking weekend.  We help each other with recipes, we both work on a recipe or we do one all on our own, start to finish.  This one was all Tracey.

From what I observed, it's easy enough to make.  I think the hardest part was shaping the dough on the cookie sheet....we couldn't quite figure out the correct way to do it.  It does rise a bit while it's baking, so count on that.  We used a large cookie sheet and shaped it in a rectangle but sort of rounded on top.  Oh and when I say we, I actually mean Tracey.

We used Shugary Sweets recipe for the biscotti and food.com's recipe for the glaze.  Next time I would make a lot more glaze so we'd have more to drizzle or dip...but that's just me and my sweet tooth talking.

They definitely taste better than any bought ones I've had, but still not something I love.

Try it.  Lemme know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment