2.16.2011

Crab Macaroni and Cheese



I have decided that until I can cook in daylight hours and not under the worst lighting ever, I'm just going to keep using the pictures from the websites I got the recipe from.  The pictures I have taken, make the food look horrible.  Is everyone okay with this new plan?


Anyways...I made this for dinner last night...DELICIOUS!  I have my favorite go to recipe...that I love...but thought I should maybe try something different.


Once again Tasty Kitchen comes through.  I love how their site is set up for browsing through recipes....I think that's why I go there so much.


I believe the Baked Crab Mac-n-Cheese was a feature recipe one day.  I served mine with a tossed salad and it was a perfect meal.


Here are the changes I made:

I don't have a scale in my kitchen so I just dumped about 3 or so cups of elbow macaroni in the pot.

Instead of using loaf bread, I just used bread crumbs, because I did have some on hand.  I didn't measure...I just sort of guessed the amount.

I used dry parsley and regular salt (not Kosher salt).

It doesn't say what kinda of milk to use...I just used skim.  For the cream, I used light half and half.

I didn't have old bay seasoning and didn't want to go buy it just for this, so I just googled recipes on line...lots to pick from.  I didn't even have all the ingredients of the old bay recipes, but it turned out fine.

I used old chedder and gruyere because that is what I had.


It was very easy! Let me know if you try it!


No comments:

Post a Comment