2.14.2011

Coconut Hot Chocolate



There are no words to describe how much I love coconut and chocolate together.  A couple of years ago I was in Blendz and they had it as their feature drink...coconut and milk chocolate mocha's....I was addicted.


When I go to any coffee places (other than Starbucks) I always ask if they have coconut flavouring...some look at me like I'm crazy and some get super excited because "omg...they love it too".


I was browsing around my favorite recipe place, Tasty Kitchen, and found Coconut Tres Leches Hot Cocoa...I knew I had to make it.


On the weekend we had one of those stormy dark nights (the power ended up going off 3 times and staying off until early in the morning) and I made some of this.  I'm glad I got it done before the power went out.


IT WAS SO GOOD!!!  I didn't sway from the recipe at all...I knew it would be heaven in my cup right from the start.  Since it was only me drinking it, I put the rest of it in a sealed jar in the fridge.  The next day I heated it up...still good.  Then the next day I just had it cold....even better!  


I will be making this over and over again.  Next time I might try mixing some coffee in there to give a more mocha type taste to it.


Let me know if you try it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment